Continuous investment in development and new technologies
Aware that we live in an era of daily technological leaps, we carefully plan the future necessary steps of development and application of new technologies. Constant development is no longer the privilege of a few, but a survival necessity for every forward-looking company. Over the past few years, Metalfer has invested time, knowledge and resources in various aspects of its business, from operational improvements to the construction of new industrial facilities.
– Despite the pandemic, we successfully completed the construction of a new mill for ribbed concrete steel bars and hot-rolled wire, with a total annual capacity of 450,000 tons of finished products.
– In the rolling mill, we constructed and put into regular production a new production line for the manufacturing of ribbed concrete steel in coils (“Spooler 1”).
– We completed the reconstruction of the server infrastructure and installation of new servers. We established a stable and reliable server system, with additional data security measures.
– Construction of a combustion chamber was completed.
– The “Tenova NextGen” project was incorporated into the operation of the EAF furnace.
– A facility for hazardous waste storage was included in regular operations.
– Since August, we exclusively use “green energy” in all our processes.
– We successfully implemented a new ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system in the group.
– The connection for hot billets charging between the melt shop and the rolling mill was put into operation.
– We completed the construction of a replacement furnace hall in the melt shop.
– We renovated the administration building in Sremska Mitrovica and opened a new main office in Belgrade.
– We secured a complete server, client, and network infrastructure, as well as emails (Cynet, Forcepoint).
– We completed the network structure renovation across seven different locations in Serbia.
– Our Eco Park is fully functional.
2023. year we plan to:
– We put into operation a static power compensator (“Statcom”).
– Two solar power plants with a total installed capacity of 2.35 MW were commissioned.
– An electromagnetic stirrer was installed to improve the homogeneity of molten steel in the melt shop.
– We plan to start the operation of the second production line for ribbed concrete steel in coils (“Spooler 2”).
– The continuous billet welder (“Billet welder”) will be put into operation within the rolling mill section.
– Implementation of business intelligence software is planned within the company.
– We will continue to introduce new robotic process automation (RPA) tools and applications within the group.
– A continuous exhaust gas analyzer for emissions generated in the meltshop will be operational.
2024. year we plan to:
– We plan to commission a scrap metal shredder for automatic metal waste processing.
– The “Smart EAF Furnace” project, developed in collaboration with the Polytechnic University of Milan, will be incorporated into the operation of the EAF furnace.
– We aim to introduce energy efficiency indicators.
– Implementation of a continuous analyzer for released gases and suspended particles is planned.
– The installation for collection and pre-treatment of atmospheric water (rainwater) will be put into operation.